Friday, September 13, 2013

Roommate Love

So a lot of people recently have asked me how life is going! I will be the first to admit that I have become a not so great texter the last month or two. Everyone don't take it personal! For some reason I'm just not really into texting people all that much. BUT. Don't worry. I will use my blog to tell you a bit of what all has been going on in my crazy life!
Well first of all can I just say.... I LOVE MY ROOMMATES. They are the best.  Here we all are on our first Sunday together.


Let me tell you about them.

  • Sydney is the one of the far left. She is from Idaho and is studying Public Health! I just love talking to her, whether it be something funny or something serious. Also she is way genuine. Every time I come home from school or work she always asks how my day went! I always super appreciate that. I admire that she goes running a lot. That's dedication I wish I had! There is always a smile on her face! Syd has an amazing voice! She is a member of the Women's Chorus and just recently made the Folkdance Team! Syd is such a babe. So glad she is one of my roommates. Love her!
  • Next is Brittney. She is from Draper, UT! Oh my word. This girl is flippin' hilarious. Every time she goes to the bathroom, whether to shower or what she always sings. It's so funny! Also she does random things like make noises that gets everyone laughing! I'm taking an Art History class with her this semester and I'm so glad I have her with me! Brit is also taking a Polynesian dance class this semester and is going to participate in a Luau this Novemeber! Also small world. Her brother, Bryson, served his mission in Independence (Bryson just made Divine Comedy too!) Moral of the story: Brittney is so so great and I love having her around.
  • Stef is in the middle! Stef is from Canada. She's not from a state, she's from a province if anyone was wondering. Stef is literally the sweetest. I love talking about the Gospel with her! She's my temple buddy... we are going every Friday morning together! I really look to her as an example. She is so studious and driven and is always working so hard. Stef loves Korean dramas and I love seeing how animated her face gets when she is watching them, even though she doesn't speak Korean. She loves anything (or anyone) ethnic. Eating pumpkin out of the can is completely normal for her. Stef is going on a study abroad to India next semester so we are all gonna miss her so much! 
  • Welp then there's me. Hopefully if you're reading this you know me! If you don't, totes awk. But hello, welcome. There are some new things about me though. For those of you who don't know, I am studying advertising! I am applying to the program this winter! I used to be kinda bummed it was taking me so long to figure out what I wanted to do, but ya know what? I'm super pumped about this and it's something I enjoy so it's okay if I'm behind the times. Also, I'm now employed as an intramural referee for BYU! I'm reffing volleyball this semester. So I get to blow a whistle. A lot. And wear a super attractive black and grey ref uniform. It's the best. I really do love it though. 
  • Next is Hannah. She is from Gilbert, Arizona. Hannah is my actual roommate. She is so so funny! Literally almost everything she says is quote wall worthy. She is the perfect roommate. We work so good together. We can totes sit in silence while we're working on things and it not be awkward. Or we can sit there and chat and laugh for ever! I love how close she is to her family! Her family is also beautiful. Like really. I love her style as well. Hannah always thinks she doesn't look cute, but it's totes a lie. I love doing nice things for her. Especially since they always catch her by surprise. She always responds, "Why are you so nice?" I love her so much and I'm so glad we are actual roommates. 
  • Last is Kylie. Goodness gracious what to say about this gorgeous human? Well she is the whole reason why we are all together. She is the literal link in this apartment and I'm so glad she brought us all together because we work so well. Kylie is also from Gilbert, Arizona. I met Ky through EFY (we were counselors together.) and we just became super fast friends! We talk about EFY... a lot. But seriously our life is still EFY. Like it doesn't escape. Things happen to us that we can always trace it back. I can literally talk to Kylie about anything. We've had some pretty serious conversations...... and then we've also had the most absurd, hilarious conversations. She too has awesome style. Every day she looks stunning. Even if she's doing the whole sweater thing. Kylie is like the definition of a homemaker: she loves to cook and is super crafty. She did this in our living room (below)! It's where we are all from! I could say a ton more but then she'd awkwardly have a lot more than everyone else. So that's all about Kylie... for now.

Welp, those are my roommates everyone. One night we decided we needed a hashtag and we decided on #thenunnerylyfe (this is because we live at Regency. Which is an all girls complex. Which is also known in Provo as the nunnery). So if you see this hashtag anywhere, this is why. Love these girls and so excited about this year! The end :)




    No comments:

    Post a Comment